Hair tutorial - Beach wave curls and headband using own hair



Lately I've been trying to style my hair in different, but yet simple and stylish ways. I've done lots of experimenting and was quite happy with how this look turned out so I thought I would share with you on how I achieved it. I started off with freshly washed and messily blow-dried hair. Using my Babyliss curling wand i created beach wave curls by taking medium sized sections of hair at a time. Once all the hair was curled I gave it a good spritz using Wella Silvikrin hairspray in maximum hold (This hairspray is a godsend!) and run my fingers through the ends to loosen and spread out the curls, giving the hair a messy texture. The headband is actually my real hair, all I did was grab a section of hair from behind my ear (doesn't matter how big or small the section it all depends on what size you want your plait and if you have enough hair to hide the missing chunk). I then plaited this section and pulled it right over my head where i wanted the headband to sit and gripped it behind my opposite ear. I then repeated this process on the other side creating a double headband. Behind the plaits i decided to backcomb my hair just to help it stay set back and to create extra volume. If there is anything that you don't understand do leave a comment and I will try to explain in more detail for you. If any of you re-create this look do show me, post it on your Instagram and be sure to tag me in it!

Misskeeleah

x

No comments

Feel free to leave a comment, thanks