BLOGMAS Day 11- How To Maintain A Summer Glow All Year Round

Winter blues getting you down? Not many people pamper themselves in the winter, because well, why bother? Why shave your legs when you wear long bottoms all the time, why paint your toe nails when all you wear is boots, why tan yourself when the only time you get your body out is when you're in the shower alone? There's no point is there, but it's things we need to keep doing for our own pleasure. It doesn't hurt to pamper yourself every now and again to boost your mood and self confidence. So I wanted to share with you in just 5 steps on how I try to keep that summer glow in my skin all year round. 

1) Whilst in the shower I use a scrunchie to exfoliate my body to remove all the dead skin cells. It's also great to help remove dry skin and to even up patchy fake tan. I then like to use Dove body wash as it literally does leave your skin feeling silky smooth and hydrated.

2) Every morning and night after the shower I moisturise my face using the 'Simple Kind To Skin Hydrating Light Moisturiser' (which is in one of my previous posts "my top tips for clear skin"). It's the best face cream I have ever found, It's not too thick it's not too thin and it doesn't make your face feel/look greasy. I suffer with dry skin in the winter and by just applying a pea sized amount of this cream twice a day helps a lot.

3) I have recently tested out the 'Clinique Moisture Surge Face Mask' and I'm loving it! It's an overnight face mask so it's completely fine to sleep with it on, it's not a thick face mask and you can't physically see that you're wearing it, it's more like a moisturiser basically. I wash it off the next morning whilst in the shower and I love how you can literally see instant results, it leaves your face looking and feeling glowy and moisturised. 

4) Every night before I go to sleep I moisturise my hands using the 'Avon Care Glycerine Hand & Nail Cream' it works like a dream for my dried up hands, just after one use you will be repaired! I always thoroughly massage the cream into to my skin to ensure its penetrated well and does the job. 

5) since I'm so pale I fake tan every week. I use the 'St Moriz' tan which is known as the St Tropez "knock off" but i have spent ridiculous amounts of money in the past on St Tropez to only end up disappointed with the results. I found that as the St Tropez fake tan was wearing off it made my skin look horrible and scaley, it was also so difficult to get the tan to apply evenly on the skin. So yeah that's when I tried St Moriz and I have never looked back. I use the medium brown mousse and it gives you such a soft sun kissed look. It applies so easily and when it washes off it comes off so evenly and just gradually fades. I always ensure I exfoliate between applications because I hate it when someone applies fake tan on top of fake tan, it just doesn't create a good look at it all. Anyway I have planned to write a full post on exactly how I apply my fake tan but I don't know when I will be doing that yet.

So that's how I try to keep the summer glow all year round. I've mainly focused on explaining how I look after my skin as that's what I believe to be the most important aspect when trying to maintain that summery look. Obviously I do advise you to paint your toenails and shave your legs because you're worth looking after, you're worth being made to feel good, and hey even treat yourself at your local beauty salon once a month and have someone else pamper you, because you're worth it! Sorry Loreal I stole your slogan, oops. 





Misskeeleah
X



No comments

Feel free to leave a comment, thanks