BLOGMAS Day 15- My Christmas Traditions

It's getting closer and closer to the big day that we've all been waiting for ever so patiently. Me and my family are starting to do more festive activities and are getting into the giddy Christmassy mood. Every family celebrates Christmas in a different way and has their own traditions, I find it so intriguing to see other peoples ways of celebrating the holidays. So I thought I would share with you some of mine and my families Christmas traditions...

1) Every 1st of December we put the Xmas tree up (this year was an exception to being late). We always get up super early, get dressed - normally wearing some cheesy Christmas clothing, and put all the decorations up. Whilst doing so we blast out all the festive tunes and have a silly sing and dance a long. It normally takes us until evening to finish putting everything up as, well we're perfectionists, and we have that much stuff that we've collected over the years.

2) On Christmas Eve we all sit down to fill our bellies with some gammon, for some reason my mum has always cooked this every 24th of December. We then wash it down with our favourite drinks (eggnog, j2os, shandys, slhlur, I'm not a big fan of alcohol hence the soft drinks haha), whilst wrapping the left over presents and getting them all set up nicely for my niece and nephew.

3) Also on Christmas Eve we prepare all the dinner for the next day. We chop, slice and dice all the vegetables and get them sat in pans ready. It sounds really daft but it's such good fun and it makes you so excited knowing what feast you're going to be enjoying the next day with all your family.

4) Normally on Christmas morning we all travel to my nannans where we meet the rest of my family there. It's such a great tradition as it's very rare all the family gets together throughout the year, and most of all it's such a warm feeling seeing a genuine smile on my 81 year old nannans face.

5) This is a bit of a morbid one, sorryyyyy... On the 24th we take time out of our day to go and purchase a wreath and a mini Christmas tree and then visit my grandad and nephews grave. We decorate the headstone all festive for them and just spend a bit of time with them. It's nice to involve and remember those who can't be with us on this special occasion. 

6) Normally around the 23rd a Santa on a sleigh rides around our streets blasting Christmas songs out and he comes and visits all the children in our area. It's so great seeing my niece and nephew get all excited to see Santa, but what's more great is that some kind generous people actually spend time and money organising this for the local kiddies. We all get wrapped up really warm, wait outside and give Santa a big wave as he's driving past. It's such fun joining in with the little ones as it makes this time of year that bit more magical.

So there you have it, there's a few of my favourite Christmas family traditions, it might not sound much to you but it's what makes my Christmas so special to me. It's not about the presents or the money giving, it's about spending time making memories with your loved ones. It's not very often we all get to spend time with eachother so you have to make the most of what you've got even if it is just for one day. 

Eeeeek just talking about it gets me all excited!!! I'm out for the night, ciao for now.





Misskeeleah
X

No comments

Feel free to leave a comment, thanks